Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Deborah Lippmann: Glitter in The Air over Essie: Sweet Talker

Hey everyone!  Hope you all survived Monday alright!  I just wanted to give a quick thank you to all of you for following us and reading our blog.  I know that SonyT and I are used to doing lots of work in school to feel very average and unaccomplished, and the new viewers make us feel like we are actually achieving something at least in the nail polish world.  This morning I have Deborah Lippmann Glitter in The Air over Essie Sweet Talker.  Like all Lippmann's polishes this comes in the beautiful cube bottle with a top and brush that match up with the 3 Free formula like a dream.  I'll admit I was REALLY trying to avoid jumping on the GITA bandwagon.  I didn't get what all of the fuss was about.  Obviously it is a great color and the glitter is lovely, but compared to Across The Universe it seemed kind of blah.  I'll be the first to admit that I was sooooo wrong.  This is gorgeous!
1 coat Sweet Talker topped w/ 3 coats GITA, artificial light
You get two pics because I couldn't pick one :)
1 coat Sweet Talker topped w/3 coats GITA
It's a virtually translucent but cloudy baby blue jelly with a slightly brighter blue and pink multisized glitter throughout.  This was inspired by a performance of Glitter in The Air by Pink.  That alone should have made me buy the polish, as that song really struck a note with me.  I had read that the polish really wants an undiepants coat to avoid layering on too many coats.  I just reorganize my polishes, so I grabbed the first polish that seemed to be in the same color family.  Note that this is a lot brighter blue than the base in GITA.  I'll review Essie Sweet Talker on it's own at some point, but I just threw on one patchy coat.  GITA evened out the patchiness in 3 thin coats.  It applied smoothly and like I said, it's really spectacular.  In fact, even though this seems to scream "not work friendly" I am going to rock it anyway.  It's just that lovely.  I would not recommend trying to get this opaque on its own without a base color.  It applies thin, but it has a very subtle color that would force you to apply too many coats. 

Verdict? I'm a convert.  I love it! 

On another note, I'm feeling a polish purchase coming on...any suggestions?

Don't forget to enter our Nfu Oh 61 Giveaway!  I have some nice surprises that will also go out to the winner!

4 comments:

  1. That works really well with Sweet Talker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GITA is a really pretty color, but I just don't know how I feel about the sporadic spreading of big glitters. If you're looking to buy more polish...Zoya is having a promo right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is a perfect combo! I have been wanting GITA ever since I first heard about it (Pink fan, hello!) and then I saw it. I feel like I NEED it, but I hadn't gotten it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thenailaholic ~ Thanks! It def takes on whatever you paint under it.

    KayJay ~ I think it could handle a few more coats, as the glitter is easy to get onto the nail. I kinda like the random glitter - it reminds me of a speckled egg! Thanks for the recommendation!

    Nicole ~ Everyone NEEDS GITA. You should check out Hautelook every so often. I've scored a beauty.com and beautybar.com 50% off on there and that's how I love to score my high end polishes :)

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete