Thursday, June 16, 2011

China Glaze 2Nite

WARNING - This is an extremely picture heavy post.  I really can't help it.  I took 20 pictures or so of this mani and every single one came out perfectly and IMO showed off a different angle of awesomeness.  Tonight I present to you China Glaze 2Nite, a silky smooth grey-ish lavender-ish periwinkle blue linear holographic.  Do you like that description?  This beauty came from the OMG collection of holographic polishes a few years back and was a major polish craving of mine.  I checked ebay regularly and only found outrageously priced bottles.  A couple of weeks ago I came across a fantastic blog, Concrete and Nail Polish.  Not only was the blog beautiful and well done, but its creator, April, does a weekly round up of giveaways which I submitted our Nfu Oh 61 Giveaway to.  During my exploration I realized that April also has a great little shop featuring clothing and nail polish, two of my favorite things.  Her shop is called Medusa's Threads and everyone should check it out.  She has some very reasonably priced HTFs and is great with customer service and communication.  I will be a repeat customer for sure! 

Anywho, back to the polish.  As you may have gathered from my description this polish has a lot of colors flashing through it.  It's almost like a duochrome holo.  The polish is totally opaque in 2 coats and very easy to apply.  It also dries extremely fast unlike most holo polishes.  Normally polishes like this are tacky for a long time because they are worn without a top coat.  2Nite leveled itself out within 30 seconds and I was able to go about business as usual after about 15 minutes.  Now to the photos!
2 coats 2Nite, no top coat, artificial light





look at the gorgeous reflection!

2 coats 2Nite w/flash


INCREDIBLE colors

Ok - I'm done.  I will try to refrain from posting so many photos in the future.  Now for the downside.  I was a little lazy with this last night and didn't use my handy sandwiching technique on this (adding a thin layer of a top coat between holo coats).  As a result my nails chipped A LOT at work today.  I'm not sure how this beauty will do with a better application process, but I can tell you it isn't durable at all on its own.

Verdict?   This girl can't turn down a good linear holo, especially one with such great colors.

Don't forget to enter our Nfu Oh 61 Giveaway!!

6 comments:

  1. I am IN LOVE with this polish. These pictures don't do it justice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it even more than I thought I would, which was already a lot of love haha. These are the best captures I could get indoors. I def want to wear it on a weekend when I am not stuck in an office during the hours my apartment gets sunlight. I hope you still enjoy this pictures. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this in my Untrieds. It's like I want to ensure I don't waste a single drop so I haven't touched it other than to swatch on a nail wheel. I must wear it soon! And never apologize for awesome pix!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!!! I just gave you the Top 10 award on my blog. See it here: http://refinedandpolished.blogspot.com/2011/06/top-10-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Hermione ~ you NEED to give it a go. It's really incredibly pretty. Just make sure you do the sandwich technique! I think I'm going to get myself a back up bottle. Then again I have so many polishes that I love it will take me years to get through any one bottle :)

    @KayJay ~ Thanks so much! I love your blog too! When I get back from NC I can't wait to fill it out myself.

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the kind words and the links!

    Great photos of this beautiful polish!

    ReplyDelete