Sunday, August 14, 2011

YSL Black Amethyst

Hey guys!  I know I've been a bad bad blogger, but I got back from NH midday yesterday and was just relaxing, unpacking and generally relaxing.  Today I went to the Leesburg outlets with my boyfriend.  This is particularly exciting because they have a Cosmetics Outlet that carries Clinique, Mac, Bobbi Brown, and YSL cosmetics and nail polish.  They are mostly at least a year old, but sometimes those are the best finds.  I snagged YSL Blue Dahlia, Black Amethyst and MAC Mind Blue.  Tonight I'm showing you Black Amethyst, which isn't black but a lovely red-based purple creme.  I am guessing that this is 3 Free, but it doesn't have the ingredients on the bottle, and I am not sure when they went 3 Free.  I wish I ha photographed this with some daylight, but I was on a swatching roll and it is very very dark out.  As a result I have shots under artificial light as well as one with flash that captures the actual base color in the polish. 
2 coats Black Amethyst, no top coat, artificial light

2 coats Black Amethyst, no top coat + flash

The flash shot is way brighter/lighter than the polish IRL, but picture the first image leaning a little more towards the second shot.  Yea - that's confusing.  All I can do is try.  The bottom line is that this color is gorgeous.  The formula was a dream.  It is opaque in two coats and so easy to place the polish. I think you will need to grab this bad girl at an outlet or on ebay since I happened upon it in the outlets. 

On a separate note I have the OPI Touring America collection to swatch for you guys and it is far more exciting than I anticipated!  Get excited!

~Shbecky

No comments:

Post a Comment