Sunday, July 3, 2011

4th Mani !!

Hello everyone!!! I am SO sorry I have been MIA. "I've been swamped with work" is an understatement. I may have bitten of a bit more than I can chew this summer - but hey, I'd be bored otherwise so I love it all. All but the fact that I haven't been able to post =(. Luckily Shbecky has been holding down the fort!

OPI Natural Nail Base Coat + [insert different polishes, info below!] + 1 coat Seche Vite, natural light

Today I have for you a 4th mani! I happen to have a pretty simple taste - while I admire all the fancy shmancy designs all you polish fiends rock on holidays, I like solids. I know, boring right? Well...... here it is!

OPI Natural Nail Base Coat + [insert different polishes, info below!] + 1 coat Seche Vite, artificial light

I used some of my favorite polishes to create this look. My pointer finger is that quick pick-me-up from CVS that I blogged about earlier - Wet N Wild Red Tape. I have remained in love with this inexpensive beauty. Definitely needs 3 coats if you are VNL-averse like me. Middle finger, is of course white! One of my fav whites is also an easy buy - Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Lavender Cloud. 2 coats and voila, opaque and beautiful. It is definitely the 'white out' look that I happen to love in the summertime.


For my ring finger (and thumb), I opted for - Finger Paints Key to my Art. And let me tell you this gold has the key to my heart, for sure. It is a soft, truly metallic looking gold. I have no gold like it. There is also a great deal of fine gold shimmer running through this polish. I love it as an accent nail and love it as a full mani too. A must have. And last but not least..... I have red, white and BLUE on my pinky. My blue is quite the throwback. I pulled it out of the bottom of my polish drawer. It is a Sally Hansen (pre-Complete Salon Makeover) navy blue creme. So old, mind you, that it doesn't even have a name on the bottle!! I adore this particular polish but any navy creme will do.

I can't wait to see other 4th manis between today and tomorrow. And of course.. while polish is pretty important.. every year around this time I like to reflect on all of the men and women who serve our country and ensure our freedom. God bless them, and God bless America!!

Sony T

1 comment: