Monday, June 27, 2011

Revlon: Grape

Hey everyone!  Sorry I went MIA yesterday, but I returned from Philly yesterday with a million and one things to do.   I just passed out instead of doing my normal nail activities.  I have Revlon's Grape for you all tonight.  It's a really gorgeous color that requires no top coat or base coat - or so they say.  Grape, as it appears below, flows perfectly and smoothly onto the nail.  It dries fast with 2 highly pigmented coats, and is plenty shiny without a top coat.  HOWEVER, this bubbled like crazy.  We're not talking a few bubbles per nail, but rather 20+ per nail.  Has anyone else had trouble like this??
2 coats Grape, no top coat, artificial light
I got so many compliments on this color.  I was hurrying home to Philly after this mani, so I left it bubbly and all even though it was driving me crazy.  Of course everyone back home loved it.  It seems like every time you wear a color that people love you end up with a terrible mani that you wish people wouldn't notice.  Oh well - you can't win 'em all.  I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on this??  My other Revlon polishes don't have this issue.  I would love to fix this issue so that I can sport this again.


Don't forget to enter our Nfu Oh 61 Giveaway!  The clock is ticking!
~Shbecky

2 comments:

  1. I have a few purples that are kind of like this. They're amazing :) I haven't had trouble with Revlon bubbling, but I've had almost all of my polishes bubble in the last week or two. Maybe it's the weather? A worldwide polish conspiracy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you shake it? I've heard that can lead to bubbling. But you probably already knew that...:/

    ReplyDelete