Saturday, June 25, 2011

Ginger & Liz: Got My Groove Back

Hey everyone!  I hope you polish-fiends are enjoying the weekend, because I certainly am.  I just got back to my parents' house from the Manyunk Arts Festival down in Philly.  I hadn't been since I was younger and I really missed it.  I got some great jewelery and artwork that I may sneak you all a peak of at some point. 

Anyways, this afternoon I have Ginger & Liz's Got My Groove Back.  If you recall, I am a recent G&L convert.  They are a 4 free brand that doesn't test on animals and have a bottle grip and brush designed for people who analyze every aspect of a polish like you and I!  The top is grippy like an Orly bottle, but way more petite and black in coloring.  The brush is medium length and futures just shy of 400 strands per brush. 
2 coats Got My Groove Back + Seche Vite, artificial light after 2.5 days of wear!
 Got My Groove Back is a perfect gold metallic that doesn't suffer from brushstroke marks like most metallics.  This is a cinch to apply and was perfect and even at 2 coats.  I even did a mini wear test with this (note this was more because I was busy and tired from work and less because I had planned on a wear test, but hey it works out for us all).  I didn't manage to get a photograph on day one, but it doesn't seem to matter.  The above photo was taken after 2.5 days of wear!  I did use Seche Vite over this, but the pair clearly work well together as I got no bubbling or pull back!  I am thinking this is probably not entirely work-appropriate polish, but I feel like you can make it work.  It's like jewelery, right?

Verdict?  I'm not normally a metallic kinda gal, but for Ginger & Liz I think/am positive that I can make an exception.  Keep 'em coming!

There's still time to enter our Nfu Oh 61 Giveaway!

~Shbecky

2 comments:

  1. That looks really nice! I sure don't have anything that can beat it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big G&L fan. They never seem to let me down. It's only been a few weeks but I'm sold.

    ReplyDelete