Wednesday, June 8, 2011

China Glaze Pool Party - Pink Wednesday Part 2


Pink Wednesday came at a perfect time! I had just swatched another China Glaze neon, per my promise forever ago to show you guys the entire collection. I wanted to post this as I am sitting in the law school awaiting my weekly "Craft of Judging" class (those of us who want credit for our summer internships have to take one). So... without further adieu, here you have: Pool Party from the Poolside Collection.


1 coat Seche Ridge Filling Base Coat, 1 coat any opaque white polish, 2 coats Pool Party, 1 coat Seche Vite (natural light)

I have already shared with you my love for this entire collection - for neons, which are by definition matte, these polishes apply well. I throw on an opaque coat of white underneath the polish and overtop my basecoat to ensure no VNL. It is a bit tough at first to make sure that the white does not peek out from underneath the polish - but it is well worth the effort! I have found the white underneath also makes the polish pop.. not that this polish needs help in that department.

(same mani in artificial light)

This pink is to die for. Unlike Flip Flop Fantasy, Pool Party is a blue-based pink. It doesn't have any warm undertones. It is the epitome of bright pink. Think, pink highlighter with this one. While it may look like the polish exudes an orange hue in artificial light, it certainly doesn't in reality. Like Becky, I couldn't really get my camera to pick up the true cool pink-ness of this polish indoors. As with my other neons, I like to throw on a top coat for a glossy finish. Of course, these polishes can be rocked as mattes too - but I find the polish just looks smoother with the top coat.

This mani packed a punch solo, but I figured - why not throw on the crackle for an even more in-your-face look? I was debating between white and black, but opted for black for the contrast. Thinking back though, I think the white would have been pretty awesome too - stay tuned for it!

(same mani with a coat of OPI Black Shatter, and re-topped with 1 coat of Seche Vite)

Verdict on this Pink Wednesday? I am not sure you can really go wrong with bright neon pink. I can't help but crave Chanel Le Vernis in Organdy now - but until I splurge, China Glaze Pool Party will do just fine!

For you avid swatchers out there - any tips on how to capture pink polish? Please do inform!

Sony T


No comments:

Post a Comment