Monday, May 16, 2011

Sally Hansen Salon Effects: Laced Up

Hey all! Sorry it's taken me so long to post. I had a first post ready with Essie's Carnival but my cuticles were deemed too disgusting to show. I digress. I'm Eisenbrat, Shbecky's roommate and bad influence. We have lived together for 2 years now, and I feel almost fully responsible for starting the nail polish obsession. However, she has fully surpassed me in terms of amounts/types/brands of polish. I call it "Helmer status."

I am extremely brand loyal (or maybe stubborn) and you will hardly ever see me in anything but OPI or Essie, with the occasional Chanel splurge. Until now! My nails have turned an unsightly shade of yellow so I decided to take this chance to take a break from lacquer and try the much talked about Sally Hansen Salon Effects.


[Laced up]

Apologies for the awful photography. Hopefully we will all get better at shooting in artificial lighting as we get more experience.

Anyway, all salon effects come with 16 strips in varying shapes, detailed instructions, and a nail file. The instructions are extremely easy to follow and one hand only took me a few minutes, which is awesome. I love quick manicures and almost always finish mine off with Seche Vite quick dry top coat, so the easy application of these strips was appreciated.


[Finished product: I could not for the LIFE OF ME find a strip to fit my pointer finger...clearly]

[Thumb shot]

[One more for good measure, minus the wonky pointer finger]

I have also just painted my toes with OPI's San Tan-Tonio but I will spare you a snapshot of my feet. You're welcome. Pretty sure we are trying to gain readership, not lose it.

Verdict: Will definitely be using these again, although I will take more care with the application process.

-Eisenbrat

No comments:

Post a Comment