Tuesday, May 17, 2011

OPI: Planks A Lot

Welcome to all of our new followers!  Thanks so much for joining us.  I'm glad that all three of us are up and posting and that we can tell our friends and families that we aren't just talking to ourselves.  I've finally finished up with the 48 hour graduation marathon at Penn and I couldn't be more proud of my sister, Maddie.  Denzel Washington was pretty fun to see as well.  My sister worked so hard and she will definitely go on to do incredible things.  We're even getting along.  She let me give her a little lesson in nail polish basics tonight.  I also did some lovely shatter manis/pedis for my other sisters which I may grab some pics of later.  I love days when I get a chance to fill my nail polish cravings (well as much as is possible).

Tonight I have OPI Planks A Lot from the new OPI Pirates of The Caribbean collection that was released in conjunction with the new Pirates movie.  I know, you've seen them everywhere, but now you get to see one again!  I grabbed a mini collection so that I could make up my mind about some of the polishes.  I love all of the colors and think that the names are really cute.  Planks A Lot is a dusty lilac creme that is 3-free and opaque in 2 coats.  The full size bottles have the pro wide brush like all of the new polishes coming from OPI, but the little bottles certainly do not.  More on that in a minute.
3.5 coats OPI Planks A Lot + 1 coat Seche Vite, terrible artificial light
Since I'm in my family's house I am without my new light box and the gloomy weather refuses to let up the pic is less than stellar.  I go home tomorrow so I will work on getting better pictures.  With regards to Planks A Lot, I adore this dusty lilac color.  However, the mini OPI bottles are a disaster.  I may just throw out the polishes unless someone really wants them.  The mini bottles do not have the polish name on them and have these tiny little brush handles with tiny little stiff brushes to match.  It's almost impossible to get enough polish for even one stroke on a nail.  It was impossible to get good coverage and I found myself dunking the brush 4 times for a coat on a nail.  To get any sort of presentable coverage I needed 3-4 coats, but the formula makes clear that I could get away with 2 if I had a better brush!

It may just be me, but I have trouble placing such a tiny little brush.  As you may be able to see I was having trouble keeping the paint out of my cuticles.  Not even my handy clean up brush could help me out. 

Verdict? Trash/Share, but I will be purchasing full size bottles if Eisenbrat doesn't have all the shades I want.  I attribute the issues to the mini bottle, as I did not have the same issues with Mermaid Tears. 

Am I the only one who can't seem to manage with the OPI minis?  Maybe I'm just a klutz.

-Shbecky

No comments:

Post a Comment