Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sally Hansen: Plum Luck


Recently I've seen a TON of commercials about the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure line - base coat, polish, and top coat in one. I had a few of these stashed in my giant polish drawer, so I pulled one out - a pretty plum, appropriately named Plum Luck. I was curious if this polish would live up to the commercial, and I think so far - it has!

4 coats of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Plum Luck, artificial light


4 coats of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Plum Luck, natural light

I am a fan of Sally Hansen polishes. They are affordable, available at most CVS's (and some grocery stores), and I always see a few must-have colors when I walk by them. This color grabbed my attention immediately. I adore deep, dark colors and this one stood out to me because the plum color had a warmth to it rather than a blue-ish cool undertone. And the color looks just as great on, as it does in the bottle. In natural light, as you will see below, the polish took on a cooler hue. I think this had a lot to do with the reflection off the sky, because in artificial light the polish takes on a beautifully warm dark purple color.

I did have to use four coats to get solid coverage though, which was a bit frustrating. I had a few bare spots after coat three and I think a part of that problem has to do with the Complete Salon Manicure brush. I know there are some mixed reviews on this brush, and Sally Hansen brushes in general. While I love the thickness of the brush, it is a bit stiff. I had to be SUPER careful not to drag the polish from the base of my nail with the brush, every time I added the next coat. On the plus side though, once I had all four coats applied, I didn't need a top coat. The polish has a super high gloss finish. I am assuming this is the faux top coat that the commercial speaks about. Looks great, but I am eager to see if it helps my manicure last.

Has anyone else used the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure line? What are your thoughts? Did your manicure last?

Sony T


No comments:

Post a Comment