Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Essie: French Affair


Much like Eisenbrat, I too am an Essie fiend. When I saw the French Affair collection, I almost died. I am ALL about the pastel opaques and luckily for me, so is Essie. The first polish I have swatched for you from the collection is the namesake - French Affair. This color is the perfect pastel pink. My camera INSISTED on making this polish look whiter than it really is. The cool pink in this beauty really comes through on my nails. French Affair is like a super soft version of Barbie pink - hence the reason why I adore it. It is totally appropriate for judge's chambers, but is still a fun color to wear. I had to use three coats to ensure coverage, as is the case with a lot of pastels. But I also am very anti-VNL (visible nail line), so that may explain why I prefer to go with the extra coat under most circumstances.

1 coat Seche Ridge Filling Base Coat + 3 coats French Affair + 1 coat Seche Vite Top Coat, artificial light

1 coat Seche Ridge Filling Base Coat + 3 coats French Affair + 1 coat Seche Vite Top Coat, natural light


Oh and here are some pictures of the view from balcony! Not sure anyone out there cares to see these, but the sky was such a pretty blue when I took pics of French Affair and had to snap a few shots.





Any whoooo.. I can't wait to swatch the rest of these Essie's and many more!!! Any requests?

Sony T

No comments:

Post a Comment