Monday, May 23, 2011

Comparison Post: Butter London Diamond Geezer and Essie Loophole

On Saturday, Shbecky and I drove deep into Virginia (OK, it really wasn't that far) to shop at Ulta, a nail polish hoarder's dream. I ended up spending $160! $110 on nail polish alone, and $50 on my new favorite product, Liquid Keratin. Anyone else out there use a Keratin treatment??

Anyway, I picked up 2 polishes that looked completely identical in the bottle, but yet I HAD to have both. I'm talking about Butter London's Diamond Geezer and Essie's Loophole. This is my first Butter London purchase, I can't believe they're $14/bottle!

[Foil-y heaven]

The Butter London formula is amazing and I don't regret paying $14. I applied 2 coats that came out very evenly, and the end result was a silver foil with some sparkles that catch the light.

[Artificial light]

[Better shot when it catches the light]

Up next, Essie's Loophole. To be honest, there is no comparison. I don't even want to post pictures of this one because it came out so clumpy and uneven. I didn't even bother to clean up the edges but here you go:


Verdict: There is NO comparison. Butter London FTW! Will definitely be using this polish often, and I will probably give the Essie version another chance at some point as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment