Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Butter London: All Hail The Queen

Hey everyone!  I just finished my second day at my internship.  It actually went REALLY well.  I was nervous after yesterday that I wouldn't enjoy it or be able to figure things out.  Realistically yesterday was just a disaster.  I felt out of place, because I sit with the a different group of staffers than the ones that I am actually working with.  I had no one to get lunch with, and my metro broke down on the way home.  I topped it off by getting off at the wrong bus stop and had to walk really far.  I thought today was going to be the same way - especially when I got on a different metro line without realizing it.  I realized it too late, but it turns out that it's a HUGE short cut.  Even though I had to get off, go back, and transfer metros I still got there faster. 

What does all this work stuff have to do with my nails?  Well, as I mentioned previously, work means neutral polishes.  I wore Rosa Rosa from Estee Lauder today with a brand new grey/brown dress that I love.  When I swing through the mall on my way home, I stopped at the Chanel counter in Macy's and I noticed that Chanel Paradoxical matched perfectly and somehow wasn't too out there for work!  I obviously bought it.   Now (finally) I bring you my first work mani.  Butter London: All Hail The Queen is tan shimmery/holographic polish.  It applies fantastically!
2 coats All Hail The Queen, no top coat + artificial light
Butter London are 3 Free and have the unique rectangular bottles with the top that pops off to reveal a ridged and relatively small grip.  They come with these great British-ized names.  This one is on its second name as far as I'm aware.  I think this was originally called All Hail McQueen after the British designer Alexander McQueen, who tragically took his own life in the last year.  I'm not sure why it's been switched.  Any ideas?  Application was a breeze.  I expect nothing less from Butter London.  I swear this polish is holographic, but who would know it.  You can kinda see it in the bottle. 

Verdict?  Love it!  What do you think?

Now for a bonus!  I topped Atlantic with Nubar 2010 and it looks even more mermaid-like.
2 coats Altantic + Nubar 2010, artificial light
-Shbecky

P.S. - Check out our new Giveaway Roundup page!

No comments:

Post a Comment