Friday, August 19, 2011

China Glaze Blue Iguana

Hey everyone!  Summer is rapidly coming to a close, but it's not over yet!  Admittedly I've been dipping into the fall shades lately, so to celebrate the fact that it's still summer I have China Glaze Blue Iguana for you.  Blue Iguana is an ocean blue translucent/jelly base packed with royal blue and purple glass flecks.  It was released as part of China Glaze's summer 2011 collection called "Island Escape."

4 coats Blue Iguana+Nubar Top Coat, shade
I said this was a jelly base, but it isn't "squishy" like most jelly polishes.  The polish applies in very thin coats.  As a result you need 4 coats to get rid of most VNL (visible nail line).  Most polishes are a pain to apply any more than 3 coats of, but this is very easy to apply.  Each coat dries by the time you've covered your other hand.  All of the polishes the collection are 3 Free and capture summer perfectly.  I really like this color.  I was worried about the color against my skin tone, but I think the purple flecks make it look nice.  It's definitely a keeper.

~Shbecky


**Disclosure: This polish was provided for me by China Glaze's PR for review.  No compensation was provided, and all assertions are my honest opinions.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the few colors I didn't get from that collection. Your pics make me want it. :)

    ReplyDelete