Sunday, July 10, 2011

Chanel Peridot

Hey everyone!  Just wanted to give you guys a quick polish post before I went to bed.  Chanel Graphite wasn't my only recent Chanel cave.  I also grabbed Peridot, which is also from the fall collection, and Morning Rose, one of the summer colors.  Graphite was a partial let down, as the thumb nail chipped off in a huge chunk similar to Paradoxal.  Peridot seems to me a totally different beast from Graphite and Paradoxal.  This is a metallic bright green/bronzey tan duochrome.  Like the other polishes this is 3 Free and comes in the rectangular bottle that has the pop off top revealing a ridged cap topped with the famous double Cs.  This brush seems thick and sort of flimsy like the other brushes, but it is well suited to the polish. 

2 coats Peridot + Seche Vite, artificial light
 Peridot paints on really smoothly and is almost a one coater.  This type of finish is generally prone to brush stroke marks, but those were minimal here.  In fact, they are only really visible in this macro shot, and not IRL. 
2 coats Peridot + Seche Vite, artificial light
I honestly expected to hate this polish.  I don't normally like yellow leaning greens, but I really LOVE this polish.  I hope it lasts, because I can see this being a Fall go-to for me.  I am definitely stashing this. 

On an unrelated note, I have yet to hear back from follower Nita Marie, our giveaway winner.  If you are out there, please get back to me in the next day and a half! 

~Shbecky

1 comment:

  1. I want to see Graphite! That's the polish I'm eying. Although, this is gorgeous! Idk how it would look on my skin tone, though!

    ReplyDelete