Monday, May 30, 2011

Essie: Sew Psyched



Hey everyone!  I'm finally back to DC.  Of course there was miserable tourist-activity-prohibitive weather the entire time I was in Chicago until today when we left.  I also only painted my nails twice, per the boyfriend's restriction.  Tonight I have a swatch of Essie Sew Psyched which I think came out in Summer 2010.  It's an army olive green and leans more creme than most of Essie's jelly-creme hybrid polishes.  Essie polishes are 3 Free and by now I am sure you are familiar with the bottle.  Sew Psyched was more opaque than most Essies and only took 2 coats for full opacity.  It is shiny alone, but I have it here with OPI top coat.
2 coats Sew Psyched + OPI top coat, artificial light
In general I don't tend to be a huge Essie girl like Eisenbrat.  They make beautiful colors and they are lovely and squishy looking.  However, I find they don't dry well because they are pretty thick.  They also don't apply as effortlessly as I like my go-to polishes to do. This polish, as I mentioned above, was not so squishy and I do really like it.  It's pretty easy to apply and fills the army green void in my collection.  The most similar polish I have is Zoya Gemma and that is not anything like this.  It's a lighter green with a purple shimmer.  This polish has no shimmer at all.  

Verdict? I've kept Essies that I like far less, so how could I justify getting rid of this one?  Yea - I'm a polish hoarder.

-Shbecky

No comments:

Post a Comment