Monday, May 16, 2011

BTOUCH: Bet on this blue

Wow, 6 followers!  Maybe they are mostly people we know . . . or us, but it's still cool to see that it grows each day.  I just got back from my younger sister's insanely long graduation ceremony, and have to be back in Philadelphia for yet another ceremony tomorrow at 8:30 AM (gross).  It's not all bad though, because tomorrow's commencement speaker is Denzel Washington.  My sisters and I sat behind him at a Broadway show years ago, but I am definitely a little more appreciative of his awesomeness at this point in my life.

One of the fun parts about coming home has been checking out the local salons for new polishes to try out.  I made another stop today to pick up a few more BTOUCH polishes.  I told you about my epic failure with Quirius the other day, and I was trying to remain optimistic about my remaining blue from BTOUCH.  I am pleased to report that I am THRILLED with the polish.
The BTOUCH: Bet on this blue bottle
 I would describe the BTOUCH bottle as a distant and edgier cousin of the Essie bottle.  They have a square base and the black grip is just a little bit taller than the Essie top.  I wish I could give you more info about the brand, but the polish seems to be something that salons order custom made?  The website seems to be a resource for people trying to customize a polish to sell.  There isn't any information about the ingredients.  The most I could get out of the salon owner was, "We order, and they deliver."  So - I'm a little perplexed about this polish.  I've seen it in salons in Northern VA as well all of a sudden but can't figure out how to get more.

Not to be cheesy, but I would "bet on this blue" any day.  My family agreed that the best way to describe the polish is "crayola blue."  It definitely reminds me of the perfect bright blue crayon.  It's spot on, down to the waxy shine it gives off.  The polish is the ideal creme.  The brush is medium sized and fans out exactly as you want it to in covering your nail.  The polish stays where you put it, applies VERY evenly, and even dries fast.
2 coats Bet on This Blue + 1 coat Seche Vite, terrible artificial lighting
The thing that really sets this polish aside from other cremes is how thin it is.  I don't mean that it's patchy, but the polish actually seems to be far thinner compared to other cremes without sacrificing coverage.  I'm obsessed!  I grabbed two more of these today and I am about to throw on another one.  Let's hope it's as great as the first!

Does anyone know anything about BTOUCH?  Pleeeeasseeee let me know.

Verdict?  Definitely a keeper, and definitely need to figure out how I can get as many of these as possible!

-Shbecky

1 comment:

  1. I do! I love these polishes but have not been able to find them again! Colors and formulas are awesome.

    ReplyDelete