Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Estée Lauder Explosif

Today I've got another polish from the Estée Lauder Fall 2012 collection to show you.  This time I used my new macro lens to get really up close and personal with the polish.  Explosif is like a golden cousin to Chaos.  Explosif is a golden metallic polish packed with pink, blue and even a bit of green flakes.  Just like Chaos, the formula on Explosif is awesome.  I ended up using 3 coats so that the light wouldn't shine through the polish, but I could have gotten away with 2.  It's not like normal people spend a lot of time holding their hands up and looking at their nails with back-lighting to check if any light shines through.
3 coats Explosif with 1 coat Seche Vite, Artificial Light

I'm really glad I could get close enough to capture the different colors in the polish.

3 coats Explosif with 1 coat Seche Vite, Artificial Light

I am still loving the new camera, especially with this macro lens.  Now I just have to figure out how to get this close without leaving a reflection of myself in my nails!
3 coats Explosif with 1 coat Seche Vite, Artificial Light
I hope everyone is enjoying Mardi Gras and the State of the Union!  Very odd combination. . .

~Shbecky



No comments:

Post a Comment