Friday, February 3, 2012

Revlon Colorstay in Blue Slate with HITs Poseidon Accent

Happy Friday! I hope you all had a nice week.  We had some seriously incredible weather here for a few days.  Sunny skies, near 70 degrees in FEBRUARY!  I struggle sometimes with the bad, dark and cool weather so it was nice to roll down the windows on my car and oogle some holo manis.  I sported HITS Demeter for most of the time and somehow managed not to grab a photo.  Fail.  Anywho, now I am rocking one of the new Revlon Colorstay polishes with a holo accent.  Blue Slate is a gorgeous slate grey/blue creme.  It really has the perfect name.

2 coats Blue Slate + Poseidon Accent Nail and So Wet topcoat, artificial light
This new line of Revlon polishes is supposed to be durable like a gel mani.  Unfortunately I already have some chips on Day 2, but I still really love the color.  The formula was really fantastic.  In fact I probably could have left it at one coat.  It is extremely pigmented.  I must tell you, though, that I HATE the brush.  It's on a long stem, but has a tiny little flat brush that isn't even as wide as the stem.  With such a pigmented polish it is very difficult to use this brush.  If the formula wasn't incredible and the color was not so stunning, I would have purged this without second thought.  Maybe I'll rebottle it?

I set out initially to just have a plain Blue Slate mani.  When I put the bottle back down on the table it was sitting next to HITS Poseidon and I realized they had similar undertones.  I couldn't resist painting a coat over it.  This was just one smooth coat with flawless application as usual.  The HITS No Olimpo polishes are a force to be reckoned with in the holographic realm and have yet to disappoint me.  They are not an American brand, but Llarowe stocks them regularly!

Anyone else hate the new Revlon brushes?

~Shbecky


No comments:

Post a Comment