Thursday, May 26, 2011

OPI: Spark de Triomphe and White Shatter

The other night while swatching and taking pictures, I reached for my Seche Vite Base Coat only to have the bottle LITERALLY shatter and spill all over my (closed, thank god) laptop! Really glad it wasn't a color that shattered, but lesson learned. I will find another flat surface to paint my nails on. Has this ever happened to anyone with their base/top coats? Traumatizing. Shbecky can confirm that I ran out of my room in hysterics, probably scaring the crap out of her.

Back to the topic at hand! Since it seems that you can only purchase white shatter in a set with Spark de Triomphe, I went for it.



[Anyone know what Serena Williams has to do with Spark de Triomphe? Because I don't]
edited to add: Duh, I'm a huge tennis fan, I totally get it now. French Open starts soon! I haven't had my coffee yet, forgive me.

Spark de Triomphe is a lovely sparkle polish with sparkles of varying sizes, all in gold.


I used two THICK coats of this to achieve maximum sparkle saturation.


[2 coats Spark de Triomphe, artificial light]

I'm pretty impatient and did not wait for this to fully dry before I applied shatter. Honestly, I don't think it made a difference. The white shatter worked beautifully and I love the final product!


[2 Coats Spark de Triomphe, White Shatter, Seche Vite Top Coat]

Next time maybe I will go a little lighter on the white shatter. I think I applied it too thick. Here's a closeup thumb shot. Excuse the Braziliant cuticle residue. It stained my cuticles!

Verdict: Obvi stash. I love me some shatter, can't wait to get more! Maybe next time, I will use the white shatter over an obnoxious color. I have this fluorescent, highlighter yellow color from Essie's 2010 collection that would look great with white shatter.


-Eisenbrat


No comments:

Post a Comment